Monday, October 1, 2007

Just a tiny Word of Warning

People who drop by here to read what I have written and to add their comments are more than welcome. I tend to write about things that are bothering me or have bothered me or just might bother me in the future. I have my opinion. You are certainly entitled to yours. The world is more than big enough to hold all our opinions without imploding.

That being said, there may be topics where some people are going to get just a wee bit "excited" about what I have written. They may take things personally. Please don't. This is not addressed to any particular single individual. And yes, sometimes I may take a shot at a group you are a part of. And yes, you may not like what I have written, you may think I am wrong. By all means comment. But please, some civility.

A comment that I did not choose to put in the blog came in today. Among other things I also teach at a branch of the City University. In all my years there I have not heard as many four letter words as were packed into this comment. The "cleanest" comment was that I was too blind and too stupid to be allowed to have a blog. I was also a menace to yiddishkeit and clearly anti frumkeit.

I do hope the person who sent the comment in reads this--they clearly need the instruction. Four letter words are the refuge of the illiterate and the unlearned. They substitute for ideas that aren't there otherwise. They are certainly not the hallmark of a civilized person.

By all means, disagree with me. But let's leave the gutter language out of this.

No comments: