Sunday, October 21, 2007

In a Lighter Vein, a little Laughter to Brighten your Day

The other day I had a doctors appointment with a new doctor. His last name is "Mentsch." I kind of thought the name was cute when I heard it, but then I met him. He walked in wearing a kipoh and a wedding ring. I truly had to hold my laughter in. Can you imagine his wife telling her shadchan that all she really wanted was a "mentsch"? Can you imagine her surprise when a "mentsch" walked in the door? Kind of gives new meaning to "mentschlichkeit." Ask and ye shall receive--and a Jewish doctor no less.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

8-) Does he have brothers?

ProfK said...

bad4shidduchim,

You know, you are right, I should ask. But with my luck the brother is sitting in yeshiva looking for support.

Anonymous said...

profk - "But with my luck the brother is sitting in yeshiva looking for support."

But then he wouldn't be a mentch :-)