Sunday, March 22, 2009

One New Thing

I don't remember where I read it, but I read how everyone should aim to learn one new thing each and every day. It keeps the brain supple and new knowledge can always be a good thing. I was just a bit fed up with my pre-Pesach mode and I decided to take a break and play a word game. There was a new game on the site and I went to take a look. There was a safari theme to the game and in between moves they gave you some interesting facts about the animals featured. Voila! My new things for today. Allow me to share.

1. Cheetahs, unlike other large cats, can purr but they cannot roar.
2. A group of rhinoceroses is called a crash of rhinos.
3. Elephants have hearing devices in their trunk, legs and tail.
4. The cranberry gets its name from the crane
5. Otters eat 15-25% of their body weight every day
6. Each zebra has a unique stripe pattern, like a human's fingerprint
7. Lions are colorblind and cannot purr
8. A hippo can outrun a human on land, and outswim a human in the water
9. A toucan's beak is as large as its body
10. Lion babies are born spotted and lose their spots as they grow up

Okay, so now we've all learned something new today. And if we wanted to fudge a bit, we don't have to learn anything else new for another ten days.

No comments: