Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Milestone

Today is our wedding anniversary, at least the English one. In 37 years we have never had our Hebrew and English anniversaries come out exactly as they were when we got married. First of all, we were married in an English leap year with February having 29 days. Second, we were married in Adar, with there sometimes being an Adar aleph and an Adar beis. According to a calendar I consulted, which will give you dates over a 660 year period, the first time that both our Hebrew and English wedding dates will coincide is in 2018. That will make it 46 years of marriage--I like the sound of that. The next time after that that the dates will coincide is in 2029. 57 years of marriage--I like the sound of that even better. After that the next year the dates coincide is in 2037. 65 years of marriage--I like the sound of that the best.

People sometimes ask those celebrating anniversaries with a large number of years if they, in retrospect, would still marry the same person if they had it to do all over again. In a word---yes.

With thanks to Hashem Yisborach for having allowed us to come to this point, and with hopes that we will be zocheh to many more years together in health and in happiness, and that we be zocheh to see our anniversaries come together many times in the future.

Note: The link for that calendar is http://www.candlelightingtimes.org/calendar/cal.htm

11 comments:

G6 said...

Mazal Tov!
Wishing you lots more days of nachas and simchas!!

SuperRaizy said...

37 years! That's really impressive. Happy Anniversary and many more years of happiness!

Anonymous said...

Mazal tov and many more years as a couple ahead!

Anonymous said...

Mazel tov and many more to come.

BrooklynWolf said...

Mazal Tov! May you and Mr K have many more years of happiness together.

As it is, it's also an anniversary for us. Eeees and I met for the first time 21 years ago today.

The Wolf

concernedjewgirl said...

Mazel Tov!
To many more happy Celebrations!

Ahuva said...

Mazel Tov!

Anonymous said...

Do I get points if I remind you that I told you then that you guys would be perfect for the long haul? Mazal tov!

Anonymous said...

Mazal Tov and ad meah ve'esrim for both of you!!!

Mark

miriamp said...

Happy Anniversary!

My birthday is like that. (March/Nisan) Hasn't fallen back together again yet. According to that calendar program, the next (and first since my birth) time will be 2012, and then not again until 2050, and not after that until 2096. That means I'll have to live to at least 122 to see my birthdays fall together more than three times!

Anonymous said...

You and my parents both with 37th anniversaries this week--Mazal tov and I hope you have many many more in the future.