Thursday, February 2, 2012

Lying in Writing

Having a few minutes of down time, I went back to look at the postings I put up in the first few months of the blog. I think I was looking to see if anything had changed in the past 4-1/2 years. Sadly to say, a whole lot of things are just the same, and some are worse. It seems to be my week for wedding-related postings, and one from September 2007 is still pertinent--maybe even more pertinent. So many people are making a mockery of the kesubah: they sign it full well knowing that they won't be honoring all that is within it.

http://conversationsinklal.blogspot.com/2007/09/has-anyone-read-kesubah-lately-there.html#comments

Does the kesubah really have any standing as a legal document or is it more of a customary thing, observed more in the breach than in the practice? Read the posting at the link above and you'll see just which line from the kesubah is getting my dander up.

1 comment:

JS said...

Reminds me of the "terms of service" everyone just clicks through on websites.