Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Adar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No doubt, none whatsoever, that Adar is my most favorite month of the year. I woke up to Adar this morning and the smiles came a million a second. Yes! At last! Adar's here!!!

Don't bother trying to rein my spirits in. Nothing and no one is going to rain on my parade. This is Adar we are talking about! Adar arrives and Purim will soon be here, my favorite holiday of all. Adar, the month where my husband and I began our marriage journey, and what a lovely trip it has been. Adar, when I first became a mother. Adar, when sniffs of Springtime are in the air. Adar, when I thumb my nose at the weatherman and put my boots in the back of the closet. I am so thankful to God that He let me see another Adar.

Adar, when I send cynicism packing and refuse, absolutely refuse to be in the dumps about anything. Adar is about seeing the good that can be accomplished. Just where would Esther HaMalkah been if she had let life get her down? If she had said "I can't do this so forget about it?" It didn't matter what bad things were coming down the road; she faced them head-on and charged ahead. That's what Adar is to me; the month where anything and everything is possible, so full speed ahead.

No rants and raves in Adar allowed. [Note: there is one exception, posted today, and as I mention there, I have a heter for ranting about the subject.] In Adar I allow myself a little nod at what I've accomplished, not what I haven't done. Adar gives me strength and gives me joy. In Adar, even making Pesach sounds intriguing.

So join me please. Celebrate the day and celebrate the month. Look on the bright side this month. Look at all that we have, not what we don't. Look at all the good things that have happened to you, not the bad. Look, look and smile--Adar's here!

4 comments:

G6 said...

GOOD CHODESH!!!!
I'm gonna take a break in a few hours and post a bit of Adar spirit myself :)

Anonymous said...

hate to break it to you, but Adar doesn't officially start until tomorrow. When there's a two-day rosh chodesh like now, the first day is the last day of the month before (30th of shvat) and the second day starts the new month. Not that there's anything wrong with starting the celebration early ... ;P

ProfK said...

Sigh, I know Anonymous, but I was browsing a couple of the Israeli blogs, where it already is Adar, and I decided to get a jump start on the joy. Beats having yet another grump-inducing day.

Anonymous said...

By anyone's calculations today is Rosh Chodosh so a gutten Chodosh and enjoy Adar. We also got married in Adar so I'll agree that it's a very happy month in our house.