Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Whole Truth

I'm eclectic in my reading matter and enjoy many of the authors whose works are termed best sellers. One of these authors is David Baldacci. His most recent work is "The Whole Truth," and boy did it give me lots to think about. Key to the book is the idea of perception management: manipulating how we think and what we think about. He is one of the first authors I've read who gives full credit to the blogs for being a prime source for spreading information around the world. Clearly what he writes about is fiction, but the ideas raised in the book really do raise some questions about what goes on in the real world and how we know what we know. As a plus he writes well. This is one book I have no trouble in recommending.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know he had another book out. I like his writing also because it's not predictable and his plot twists keep you glued to the page.