Thursday, May 10, 2012

When Physics Doesn't Apply

Sorry about the hit or miss nature of the postings recently, but I am going to blame it all on Physics.  A basic tenet of Physics is that two items cannot occupy the same space at the same time.  Extrapolating from that certainly five items cannot occupy the same space at the same time.  Now technically you should be able to reverse this tenet and have it hold true--one item cannot occupy two spaces at the same time.  Certainly one object cannot occupy 5 spaces at the same time. Sigh, right.

Real life doesn't apparently work according to the tenets of Physics.  I'm not alone in this, but I am frequently required to do the impossible--be in more than one place at the same time, doing two or more things at the same time.  It's been one of those weeks where no matter where I am or what I'm doing, I'm supposed to be somewhere else as well, doing something else.

We've got that modern term--multi-tasking--and it definitely defies the tenets of Physics.  Weeks like this one I find myself dreaming of a lot simpler world.  Ah well, no more time alloted for complaining or contemplation--I've got 3 places to be right now, and here is not one of them.

1 comment:

JS said...

I think your solution lies with Biology: cloning.