Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Sunday

Some readers here may remember from last year how I feel about Super Bowl Sunday--I didn't get the hoopla last year, and I still don't get it. But I've decided to be gracious about things this year. I may not get it, but if you are a Super Bowl fan, then please have a nice day and enjoy yourself.

Me? I did learn something from last year's Super Bowl madness--I am not stepping near a supermarket today. The mad rush of people buying things for the Super Bowl parties is not something I want to contend with.

I'm having a Super Bowl party of a different kind today--I've decided to bake for Purim. And yes, those are "super bowls" I've taken out of the cupboard. Soon enough they will be full of the batters for the goodies I bake this time of year. My mother's "super" hamentaschen filling sits in the biggest bowl, in the place of honor. Each to their own.

Our local newspaper was full of articles on the football Super Bowl Sunday. I was glancing through the paper and caught the title of one of those articles--I convulsed with laughter. The title read "Super Bowel Madness." Could be a typo not caught by an editor, or maybe there is someone else out there who just doesn't get all the hype.

3 comments:

Lion of Zion said...

i'm off to work now and hoping that the super bowl means it will be a very slow work day. (not because i have any interest in it. i just like slow work days)

Old Lady said...

I am going to a party, not that I like football, but I like parties!

profk_offsping said...

You missed an awesome game Ima. Of course, it wouldn't be Purim without your hamentaschen, so it's a win-win for me.