Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sukkah Soaking--hope not

My men folk got busy today and put up the sukkah.  My daughter is already planning out how she'll decorate it this year.  I'm busy inviting guests for the yom tov meals in the sukkah.  Everyone seems to have a truly positive attitude about sukkos--except for the weather forecasters.  Haven't found a forecaster anywhere who is saying anything but thunderstorms, heavy rains and cooler weather for the first days of sukkos.

Of course, those forecasters do not have a stellar record of accurate predictions, but darned if they don't somehow manage to be pretty accurate if the time period is a yom tov one.  I'm hoping that they are truly, truly wrong about next week.  After all the work and preparation, it would be nice to actually be able to use the sukkah, not just stare at it through the patio doors.  Regardless, I'm going to have to think of just how all that company will play out if it's pouring outside.  So not something I want on my to do list.

2 comments:

Malkie said...

Thankfully, the weather is B'Ydei Shamayim - literally and figuratively - not the weather forecasters. When we hear weather reports that will interfere with mitzvos (Succos, the Siyum Hashas, etc), it's a pretty clear indication that we need to DAVEN! :) Chag kasher v'sameach to all!

Anonymous said...

Malkie, do we have to kasher for Sukkot too??