Thursday, April 10, 2014

Sometimes Dreams Come True

I know that it has been well over a year since I last posted on the blog--a whole lot of family issues and work that needed taking care of.  However, despite a crazy erev Pesach schedule, I wanted to get this news out there.

All the years I was blogging I made mention that hubby and I were going to be retiring to Las Vegas.  Well, we should all recognize that change (other than the Ribboneh Shel Olam) is the only constant in our lives--and change has come into my life.  We're going to be leaving New York come the end of June, but not to Las Vegas--we've purchased a home in Boca Raton, Florida.  Yup, heading south instead of west.  I guess we finally realized that moving to where a lot of our friends are now going to be living, as well as some family, has merit.  And a 2-hour flight from Boca to NY when we pop up to visit the kids and my mom is a lot more doable than a 5-1/2 hour flight from Vegas.  At least Florida like Vegas has no state tax, so there are financial benefits as well.

Let me wish you all a chag kasher v'sameach.  And let me also remind you that eventually dreams come true, even if not quite what you may have envisioned when you started the dreaming.

7 comments:

Mark said...

Chag Kasher Vesameach! (and Shabbat Shalom)

Welcome to Boca Raton in June! If you have any questions, just email me :-)

Ari K said...

good luck

frum single female said...

Hatzlacha!

Miami Al said...

Welcome to South Florida. Enjoy your retirement.

Mr. Cohen said...

Now is a good time to start praying for an easy fast on Yom Kippur; for yourself and for all Jews everywhere.

Eliezer Eisenberg said...

Still waiting.

ed pills online said...

Nice post. I learn something new and challenging on websites I stumbleupon on a daily basis. It's always interesting to read content from other writers and practice something from their web sites.