Sunday, August 15, 2010

On Being Fortunate Beyond Measure

Hashem has given my siblings and me an incredible gift: our mother is still with us, ken yirbu. I know myself to be oh so fortunate that every day I can pick up a phone and speak to her, business as usual.

Today is Ima's birthday, her 88th, and we look at this number with deep thanks to Hashem for having blessed us in this way. So many of our friends and family are yesomim, and they look at my mom's presence as the wonder it is.

What can you give an amazing woman who is used to giving, not taking, and who will tell you and mean it that she has everything she wants or needs when her family is around her? The simple words "I love you mommy" are worth more to her than the most priceless jewel ever found.

So Ima, the happiest of birthdays. May Hashem shower you with his blessings and keep you safe and whole, for your sake and yes, for ours. May you be zocheh to arichas yomim, and may we be deemed meritorious enough to keep you with us ad mayoh v'esrim.

3 comments:

Rivki Silver said...

Amen! What a beautiful post. Your Ima is fortunate to have such nice children!

frum single female said...

you are so fortunate to have your mother reach this age.you are even more fortunate to appreciate it. ad mayah v'esrim.

LoZ said...

mazal tov
so does that mean she knows about your blog now?