Saturday, January 31, 2009

Back to the Grind

There is one major problem with going on vacation: you have to come back. What was looked forward to with such anticipation for so long is over in the proverbial blink of an eye. Yes, our few days away served their purpose admirably; we refilled our "fuel tanks" and are already back in the swing of things. But I can't help feeling that I would have loved just another few days of R&R. I look out the window at the slushy, icy landscape and can't help thinking that only two days ago I was basking in 65 degree warmth and sunny skies.

There is only one way to handle the after vacation blues--start dreaming and planning the next one. And then I just had to look at the calendar and notice that it's only 5 weeks until Purim and 9 weeks until Pesach. No time for idle daydreaming right now. Sigh.

No comments: