Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Just Keep Thinkin' About Tomorrow

A friend who reads this blog called me that she was so happy my mom was feeling better. When I asked her how she knew that, she said that she had noticed that I was spending more time on the blog than I had been in the past few weeks. Sigh.

Yes, I have been present here at what may seem like all hours of the day but certainly more then I have been recently. I truly wish it was because mom was feeling better, but I'm having a bit of an enforced vacation from work, mom and just about everything else but the round after round of phone calls. It seems that what I thought was bronchitis turned out to be pneumonia and I'm house bound for a few days until the antibiotic makes me no longer contagious. I'll admit my mood has been decidedly down and grumpy (in case you hadn't noticed, my last few postings have not been upbeat) and I put on a CD this morning to make myself feel a little better. I hadn't even noticed which one I pulled out and I clicked on a track at random. And oh boy did I get a reminder that no matter how bad things seem today, well tomorrow is full of all kinds of possibilities. A good word no matter where it comes from ought to be heeded. Maybe we all need to let a little "Annie" into our minds.

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be sun!
Just thinkin' about
Tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs,
And the sorrow
'Til there's none!
When I'm stuck with a day
That's gray,
And lonely,
I just stick out my chin
And grin,
And say,
Oh
The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
Tïll tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow!
Tomorrow!
I love ya
Tomorrow!
You're always
A day
A way!

But if Annie doesn't do it for you, there's always Fleetwood Mac

If you wake up and don't want to smile,
If it takes just a little while,
Open your eyes and look at the day,
You'll see things in a different way.

Don't stop, thinking about tomorrow,
Don't stop, it'll soon be here,
It'll be, better than before,
Yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone.

Why not think about times to come,
And not about the things that you've done,
If your life was bad to you,
Just think what tomorrow will do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a moment too soon! Today was one of those days...where I found myself banging my head against the wall time and time again.

Anonymous said...

Hope you'll take this the right way but looking at what I've been putting up with and then seeing what you've been putting up with, well my headaches don't seem all that bad by comparison now. A refuah shleimah and don't be in a big hurry to get out of the house. If you aren't healthy you aren't going to do much good for your mother.

Anonymous said...

Hate to ruin your optimism ProfK but you also have those words of wisdom from the Beattles--"yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away." Either way feel better soon.